President & Co-Founder of The LTC Partnership
Your best retirement life is Michael FitzPatrick’s business.
Michael’s interest and expertise in aging and longevity have made him dedicated to doing everything humanly possible to enable seniors and their families to live a better life in the second half of life—financially, emotionally and spiritually.
While this holistic perspective underscores Michael’s understanding that the retirement years involve more than money, his work with thousands of seniors over the past 16 years has shown him that money is an important facilitator in ensuring the quality of life and the enabler that helps retirees live out their dreams.
That’s why he gets that outliving their money and/or spending all their money on health-related issues not covered by traditional forms of health insurance or Medicare have become the two greatest fears in a retiree’s life.
Since 2001 when he co-founded The LTC Partnership, he has worked arduously to prevent such occurrences from befalling his clients and focused intently on retirement planning and income strategies that help his clients sleep well at night.
As a respected thought leader, Michael shares his insights with individuals 50 and older. His overriding purpose: to make sure they plan properly for financial security in retirement by solving for income, and ensuring they will have enough money to last them throughout their lives. Central to this goal is the need to shift their mindsets from the accumulation investment strategies they employed throughout the first half of their lives, to the distribution mindset he firmly believes is essential for financial security in the second half of life.
“Preparation,” Michael says, “is everything.” And he has a unique ability to engage people one-on-one as well as in workshops to make sure they are prepared for retirement and consistently executing to do so. He’s proud that he’s helped thousands of retirees become situated and enabled them to become their own “aging investors.” Respecting processes and procedures, he has simplified the illustration of concepts that become proof points for investing for income and distribution.
His depth of knowledge on the needs of individuals 55 years old and over have earned him accolades and respect from the people with whom he meets and to whom he speaks.
Still, he never loses sight of the softer sides of retirement life—of a retiree’s dreams for travel, of living out career passions, of paying it forward through outreach and volunteerism, having adventures, and overall, enjoying a wonderful quality of life. Once again, it is his unique ability to set vision in motion. Most recently, he was honored by the Morris County Chamber of Commerce for his outstanding work as an entrepreneur and founder of the LTC Partnership, LLC, recognized as one of the premier firms specializing in Retirement Planning, with a special focus on income strategies and long-term care protection.
He is also a sought-after speaker and has presented at national and regional conferences and events, authored and or been quoted in many articles in national publications, and featured as a guest on many radio programs.
His professional goals are never far from his personal life. His beliefs have been informed by the closeness he shares with his family—his parents; siblings; aunts and uncles; his grandfather who served as a powerful role-model in Michael’s life and his grandmother, his beloved Mame, who continues to be an inspiration for him.
Global community and charitable work also occupy his non-work hours. He was a past advisor to Children Rise, an organization producing a documentary on the street children in South Africa and the AIDS pandemic. As a member of the Morris County Chamber of Commerce, he served as past chair of the chamber’s Young Professional’s Committee. He is currently an advisory member for Array of Hope and has also been involved in spearheading the Coalition of Family Care-giving at Overlook Hospital, and serving as a Big Brother’s Big Sister’s mentor.
Michael holds the CLTC designation (Certified in Long-Term Care) which enables him to provide comprehensive education to consumers and other professions on subjects such as financial planning, tax law, home care, government funding and elder law. He is affiliated with many professional associations, among them the American Association for Long Term Care Insurance (AALTCI) where he served as board advisor and the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA).
Michael is a graduate of Fairfield University and The Delbarton School.
Community Service, Professional Honors, and Memberships
- Board Advisor and Member of the American Association for Long Term Care Insurance (AALTCI)
- Past Board Member and Partner of LTC Financial Partners, LLC.
- Past Board Member for the Matthew C. Sellitto Foundation
- Advisor to Children Rise (an organization producing a documentary on the street children in South Africa along with the AIDS pandemic)
- Past Chair of Morris County Chamber of Commerce Young Professionals Committee
- Past Chair of the Coalition of Family Caregiving in Overlook Hospital
- Member of the Morris County Chamber of Commerce
- Member and Supporter of Center for Long Term Care Reform
- Supporter of S.O.A.R. (Support Our Aging Religious)
- Past Parish Advisory Council Member (P.A.C.) – Church of Christ the King
- Past Leadership Team Member at St. Paul Inside the Walls
- Member of National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA)
- Member of National Association of Health Underwriters (NAHU)
- Advisory Board Member and Supporter of Array of Hope
- Supporter of Dynamic Catholic
- Holds the designation: Certified in Long-Term Care (CLTC)
- Qualifying Member of the Million Dollar Round Table
- Former Basketball coach/Harding Twp. recreational league
- Former Big Brother’s/Sister’s Mentor
You've Seen/Heard Mr. FitzPatrick
- Appeared on WMRT radio show (1250 AM) as Long-Term Care Insurance specialist
- From Pension to 401(k) and Long-term Care Insurance with Guests Mark Miller and Michael Fitzpatrick – Click Here to listen to Mp3 recording (starts at 15 min mark)
- Guest Speaker at the Garden State Woman Annual Financial Conferences
- Guest Speaker at the Annual LTC Producer Summit in Kansas City and Austin, Texas
- Guest Speaker at the National Caregivers Symposium
- Featured Story in Advisor Today Magazine
- Young and Hungry
- Harvesting The Gold
- Featured Story in Life Insurance Selling Magazine\LifeHealthPro
- What the Deficit Reduction Act of 2005 Means to Clients
- No Pension + Social (In)Security + Caregiving = Financial Crisis: What are Baby Boomers supposed to do?
- Accumulating Wealth or Protecting Your Money: Which Should Come First?
- Lessons Learned: Understanding the Need for Strategic Business Alliances
- Introducing Long Term Care To Your Clients
- Education First: How To Offer Long Term Care Insurance At The Worksite
- Timing Is Everything: What Is The Ideal Age To Buy LTC?
- Featured Story in Senior Market Advisor Magazine
- Get’em While They’re Young
- Featured in CFO Magazine
- Frequent contributor to Sales Strategies Magazine
- Featured Articles on the New Jersey Society of CPA’s Online Forum
- A Punchlist for Smart Pre-Retiree Planning
- Stress And Long Term Care